This sketch acknowledges and fixes mistakes in previous works such as Savage in Gen. She was born 14 February 1642/3 in Salisbury, Massachusetts. Generation 3: Elizabeth Shaw, born 23 August 1664 in Hampton Falls, died 17 October 1708 in Kingston, New Hampshire; married on in Hampton to Aaron Sleeper as his first wife, son of Thomas Sleeper and Joanna Unknown.
He married her sister, Sarah Shaw, as his second wife. Published under a Creative Commons License Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Surname Saturday ~ SHAW of Hampton, New Hampshire", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 30, 2016, ( accessed [access date]).
In 1919, the patriarchs of the Clough family, Joseph and Sylvia Clough, died, and the property was sold to Mr. Pick of New York, who established Camp Merrimac, a summer camp for Jewish boys, on the site. The camp was in a scenic location at the end of a dirt road on a lake officially known as Clement Pond, but known to generations of Merrimac campers as Lake Josylvia. Pick ran Camp Merrimac until the late 1940s when it was purchased by Abe Beleson, a teacher at the Bronx High School of Science.
Several of the old Cloughville buildings survived the transition—the local post office became the camp office. The village hall housed the mature staff, and a 19th-century barn lasted until it fell down one winter about 1960. In 1953, Maury Bleifeld became a part owner, and in 1954 Harry Levine bought a share of the camp.
From the late 1980s until the end campers came from all over the United States, plus Canada, Mexico and Europe.
Nearing retirement, and perhaps a bit exhausted after 40 summers at camp, Mr. Martin (as Bomze was then known) were ready to sell.
Methodios Faith and Heritage Center is a 191-acre (77 ha) camp run by the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston and located in the town of Hopkinton, New Hampshire near the village of Contoocook.
Besides being the home of the Metropolis's summer and winter camps, the Faith and Heritage Center also allows Orthodox parishes to hold weekend retreats for youth and families and each September, the Metropolis sponsors an open house which coincides with the celebration of the Feast of the Cross when the blessing of the waters service takes place.
In 1958, Egre was bought out while Rothchild and Bomze continued operating the camp.
(You can see the source for the article below) Roger Shaw (about 1600 – 1661) was made a freeman at Cambridge on 14 March 1638/9.
He bought a house lot and land from John Knight on 21 September 1639.
Competitors launch on the 24/12/6 hours of Pats Peak bike ride.
The combination of mud and sunshine makes it more fun.